Workshops on Digital Editing, Photoshop, Printing and Visual Connection. Run from my home studio in Reservoir. $125. Maximum of four people per workshop. Simple lunch included.
Sat 10th August- Fundamentals of digital editing
Sat 17th August – Photoshop workflow and solutions
Fundamentals of digital editing
Getting your head around the photo editing process and the nitty gritty that comes with it, including:
- Photo editing tools and understanding how they work (Bridge, Lightroom, Photoshop, and others as required)
- Learning to see what an image needs, and when things aren’t right.
- Image file formats and colour spaces, and when to use them.
- Develop an editing workflow with a firm technical base from which a more artistic approach can be taken.
- Discussing and using some of your images as examples.
- Overall workflow and organisation.
Photoshop workflow and solutions
Developing a Photoshop workflow and way of thinking, covering the tools of interest to photographers, including:
- An overall workflow and way of ‘thinking Photoshop’.
- Techniques which simply can’t be done in raw converters, like Lightroom.
- Adjustment layers, channels, blending modes, cloning, sharpening.
- Working with colour, tonality and selections.
- Putting it together, working on some of your images.
Project Print (dates TBC)
Producing a finished print with one of your images. Exploring some of the things that can go wrong. A look at different paper types, printer settings & colour management.
Connecting visually (dates TBC)
Using landscape photography to explore the idea of composition and a visual language. Covering some fundamentals and moving past ‘rules’, to explore your own way of thinking.